Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My visit to the Donna Hay Store in Sydney



Ever since I spied my first glance at a
magazine, I have been quite impressed over just how 
gorgeous her styling is for every dish
put up on each page.

Love her or loathe her,
you gotta admit, 
Donna Hay could make wall-paper paste look delicious 
simply by the light, the angle and the vessel in which 
she (and her team of stylists) select and then photograph it!


In thinking about what's in my cupboards, (or at the moment my boxes)
without even realizing it 
somewhere since spying that first magazine,
 I guess I have aspired to have a similar collection of both 
modern and vintage
cakes stands, bowls, platters and dishes,
wire 'bread' baskets, french onion chopping boards, 
and dinner sets (all white dinner sets of course) including some of Ms Hays range, which are yet to be opened, 
bought through David Jones a few years ago in anticipation for the renovated kitchen I will have one day

Most of my collected vessels are currently in storage awaiting the end of this renovation...
and this ever growing collection goes on 
with every little op-shop and market, bric-a-brac and antiques stall I mooch past.

The reason I have amassed this collection is so, 
 I too,
can serve up the delicious dishes set forth in each
magazine!

Only thing is - I rarely get around to whipping up a 5 layer Chocolate torte,
let alone a apple and fennel salad with salted caramel pecans! 
(See pg 156 of Issue 60 if you're after that recipe) 





With a half built house and much of what we own tucked up and in storage,
my family consider themselves blessed 
if 'mum' can be bothered pulling up whatever I have managed to stick to the base of the pot 
let alone plonking it out onto a plate 
(but at this point I should let it be known 
that I am using all my Very best chipped 'n'ugly crockery as we shlep through this renovation)  

So when our invitation to attend a wedding in Sydney was received,
I was a little giddy!
Not because of the wonderful opportunity that attending a wedding presents 
in being a part of the blessing and celebration of two souls committing their love to one another for eternity 
 or going off shopping for new shoes, outfits, accessories, and make-up... 
I was instead giddy with the possibility of at last 
making the 800km trek up the Hume Highway in the car 
(albeit with the family) 
to go see the 
 Donna Hay Store
which I have rambled and blabbered about wanting to visit - for ages!
(Much like this post - I hear you thinking)

Anyhoo, we were lucky to squeeze our visit in between
the wedding ceremony held in the morning
and the reception which was scheduled in the evening!
So with the rest of the VintageNobility crew that afternoon, 
I managed to hotfoot it across town
to that little shop in Holdsworth St.

So here are some promised pics of the lovely little bits to be found at   
The Donna Hay store 

40 Holdsworth Street, Woollahra NSW 2025

(02) 9328 6555 







When we arrived we were offered a coffee to sip while browsing - how good is that!




I think my 15yr old son ate 2 of those chocolate brownies while we were there!









Bought a few of those little enamel pie dishes!



Love that shade of blue!















Up the stairs we go




To discover towers of pretty Cake Stands!  





Pretty pink bowls! 



Must get me green juicer next time! 


And maybe a jug! 
















The Lovely Ali, 
taking great care in wrapping up my purchases for the long trek back to Melbourne! 


A big thank you to both Ali and Poppy for looking after us during our visit, both the ladies made us all feel so welcome as we browsed and as I wandered about with my big cheesy grin urhmming and arrhing over what to purchase!





Can you guess what I bought?


Underneath the blue tissue is something big and Pink!


Hope you enjoyed the my little tour of the Donna Hay store too!


Love&Light my dears...


VintageNobility


Please note - this post is purely a personal account and there is no profit or kickback for my ramblings and love for this shop...it's all from the heart and purely for your enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment