Tuesday, January 3, 2012

VintageNobility


I'm starting over,
With a new and positive blog
With a focus on:
Love and Light,
Joy and Happiness
The Real and Imperfect stuff... which should be celebrated!
My Family, Friends and Loves... always to be cherished and to be shared!
My Home
My Heart!
Yep...Inspired and ready
Here I am...




Buckle Up... let's ride!

When I was pregnant with my second child, I suffered with pre and post natal depression - at that time I didn't really know what was wrong with me, but I knew I was sad and on a rollercoaster of emotions. It was a couple of months after my child was born, I knew I needed to seek some help, my doctor diagnosed the situation I was in and offered me medication, but also suggested I contact PANDA the Post and Antenatal Depression Association.

PANDA sent me some pamphlets and a big pack or information, which contained stories of other women's experiences of their depression - I began to feel comforted, and acknowledged that there might just be a way out of the tunnel of fog I was in.
I did not want to take medication, I was breastfeeding and did not want to affect my young baby with something I consummed - so I made a choice - though I did consult with my husband and promised that if no improvement was noted by a set date - then if necessary, I'd give the alternative of medication a chance -but I was determined girl - I decided I would focus on positive things!

It was about this time I had come across a book by Sarah Ban Breathnach
(via Oprah - aahh I miss her - bless her cotton socks)
This book was called

 Simple Abundance


Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy


This book became a resource for me!
To start the journey out of the funk; I needed to journal 5 things every day which brought me Joy!
It could be as simple as the fact that I was alive and taking breath - to the comfort of a warm bath! Rainbows and green grass to sunshine and colours! New purchases and old salvaged finds...it didn't matter what it was that brought me Joy - just that I journaled
 5 things everyday which had prompted a moment of Joy!

That journal changed my perspective on what brought me Joy on a day to day basis, and so I began to tunnel my way out of that postnatal gloom and discovered the Love and Light that was around me.

The Love and Light 
had been there all along - I'd just somehow got lost in a fog, with much thanks to hormones and exhaustion, (& in hindsight - I was also very young!) 

My second born is now 15years old!

Nowadays, the Love and Light is certainly noticeable and appreciated,
and while I have had the odd foggy moment since then, I can honestly say I am fortunate to have developed the skills to pull myself out of any approaching funk.

With inspiration from some favourite bloggers,  facebook and other positive people who have brought Joy to my life,
I have lately developed a strong desire to reach out and be a link in a Positive chain!

So with a clean slate and my new blog - I am starting
Day1
With this blog I intend to exercise my head and my heart and blog about the things which bring me
JOY!
 Mostly through the medium of words and pictures
And I will try to figure out how to add the usual links of Facebook, Instagram, and any other social media forms I can manage to add into the mix! ...Gimmie some time on those!

So to start Day 1...
Here are some things so far today that have curled my lips upward :)





My Cath Kidston order arrived this morning! Wootwoot, happy dances and gurly squeals!





See this guy...he's the love of my life! Together we are building our castle, technically it's a renovation - in reality it is a rebuild from the stumps all the way up to the newly added second floor! 2 years down and fingers crossed 1 more to finish it up! The story will no doubt unfold as we blog along!



My new iPhone4s – I heart it muchly!



Our Beeautiful Busy Bees!
Even though I am allergic to them - I love them!
JOY!
Just watching them fly in and out of their hives, working for the good of their bee community, striving to bring home the sweetness of the nectar collected, after each flight...and yes -the honey...Mmmmm the honey!









Mixed Nuts = Joy + they're healthy and nutritious :)

So there you have it...some of my slices of Joy so far today!

No comments:

Post a Comment