Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hump-dee-do-day!

Happy Wednesday
or
Hump-day

If we were on a roller coaster we'd be on the top of the rise
getting ready to put our arms in the air
as we roll down the other side to
the weekend!
and I'd probably let out a girly and excited scream too :)

Hope your week is rolling along smoothly!

I have been taking full advantage of the quietness of our house 
with the kids being away in the country with 
their cousins!

Wearing pretty dresses 
in this gorgeous Autumn Melbourne weather 
and foofing about 
with a red rose in my hair! 



In all honestly though,
I do miss the hustle and bustle of life with my 3 kiddos,
but that said,
I am enjoying 
being free to choose what I want to cook and eat,

But some days I just don't want to cook!
 I like to eat my crackers, 
with danish feta, honey from our bees and topped persian rose-petals! 

 OR 
I like to do things that would otherwise 
not normally be allowed 

Such as eating this sweet treat - a salted caramel tartlet bought on Tuesday afternoon
and sharing it over coffee - for breakfast - this morning!


Yes sireee, I do like this little bit of freedom of choosing
when I want to cook & eat,
and how I choose to spend away the hours of the days,
working on all my little 'projects' 
uninterrupted!

Anyhoo, they'll be back soon!

With my 'Me Time'
I've been working on another round of bits'n'bobs 
to get listed on eBay shortly,



and I've bought a few more large old wire baskets,
which I find are very useful for storage of bits & pieces
while we're living in this half-finished house!

 



This afternoon I have finished stripping the paint off 
one of my french cafe chairs,
I have ground down my fingernails - in the process -
however these chairs are far more important to me
than long fancy fingernails!!!

Here is the Before
During
And the after (so far)



I'll give it a bit of a whitewash on the timber slats
then clear coat it all over to protect the metal from rusting!






I'm enjoying a bit of 
Eddie Vedder and his Ukulele songs on Youtube
as I sit with you here!


I've been listening to his tunes quite a bit lately!



Whats high on your ipod rotations?


Any musical suggestions?
C'mon lurkers,
Don't be shy


Let's get some conversations going!


IF you're too shy to say "hey" here 
you're most welcome to drop
in on me 
over on Facebook
or
Pinterest :)


Or check out my life in pictures on Instagram!




OK
That's a wrap from me here!


Time alone with my hubby 
without the kiddos
hardly ever happens




So I'm outta here!


xxxx Love & Light xxxx
Always


Rowena
VintageNobility



































No comments:

Post a Comment